Monday, April 9, 2007

Road Trip

So, I'm fresh off a 20+ hour tour of northern New England. Yes, that's 20+ non-stop hours. The crew picked me up around 6am, and we returned to my house at 2am the following morning. My brother was scoping out a summer camp for his daughter (Mo pointed out that's what the internet is for, but he hopped right in the back of the truck for the ride) and we picked up my piano from my parents. J and I split the driving, with him doing most of it. Mo drove the U-Haul back with the piano, and Daisy slept through most of the trip. We saw a llama farm, a flock of wild turkey, deer, buffalo, and the expected cows and horses. We also ate really good seafood, so it was all good in the end. J drives like a grandpa, but we discovered that he goes faster with a full bladder, so kept buying him coffee. He feels better about the camp now that he's seen it, so it was worth the trip. As for the piano, my parents were happy to get it out of their house, but darling hubby seems to think our cat will play it more than I will.

Discussion is flying around about the last Harry Potter book. Is the Mirror of Erised the horcrux representing Ravenclaw? (remember the clawed feet?) Is Snape going to die? How? Did Voldemort have a horcrux on him when he tried to kill Harry - is this why his death curse didn't kill him when it rebounded to him?

I have a set of confiscated swords in my office and Mo is playing with them. I'd better go stop him before he amputates his own arm.

3 comments:

~Liz said...

Now I have to ask, why do you have confiscated swords in your office? On second thought maybe I dont want to know.

But can you bring them next time we get together? I can always use a good sword :)

Dragon said...

Ya I'm with Liz in this one... And how long do they have to stay un-clamed befor they are up for grabs??? I want first dibs!!!!

Fable said...

Me Three! Me Three!

Gees how is I am the last to know your blogging? Darn Girl.